Alliteration is fun!
1. I cracked up when I saw this on the How Do I Put This Gently tumblr. There are so many times when I know I want to blog about something, but when I sit down at the computer that happens. Ha!
2. Fox needs to stop taking so long in releasing each season of The Simpsons on DVD. I don’t care whatsoever about commentaries on each episode. I don’t care if there isn’t a single commentary in the bunch. Just give me hilarious toons!
Dang it. That went by way too quickly. I’ve already rewatched the entire season!
3. I really liked this blog that I found through BlogHer. 15 Food Blogger Trends of 2012 That Need to Go? Heck yes! Although I broke one of those rules by posting about quinoa. What can I say, it’s gluten-free and delicious.
4. While I did eat fish sticks over the weekend (like I mentioned on Monday’s post) I have to admit that I haven’t eaten any other meat. What can I say, I’m trying? I actually looked at some at the store without being too grossed out. Until I realized that I’d actually have to touch it since I’m not willing to buy prepackaged stuff that’s full of chemicals. Aubrey says we should go to New Seasons and get them to slice it for me in their meat department. I really, really wish my naturopath hadn’t determined that I need to double my protein levels and that I’d need to get more of it from animal sources. Boo.
5. My health issues have somewhat gotten better lately. Although I’m not sure what exactly to credit. Is it the castor oil pack? I have finally gotten around to doing it daily. Is it the G.I. Benefits powder I’m taking?
Don’t let that picture fool you. That powder does not taste like some really yummy juice. It tastes like shrimp water. Or smells like crab juice. Whatever it is, it’s disgusting. The only thing I’ve been able to do to choke it down is to mix it with a ton of fresh lemon juice.
6. A much tastier option is date water. You put a date in a glass of water overnight.
Then the next morning you mash the date into the water to release more of its juice and good stuff. I ended up trying to mash it and then just eating the date before drinking the juice. It tastes a heck of a lot better than that other stuff.
7. But then the doc also gave me a higher dose of nux vomica with adrenal support.
I have been drinking coconut water like it is going out of style. Unfortunately it isn’t! There is such a high demand for coconut products (including butter, oil, milk and water, not to mention all of the beauty products it is being added to) that supply can’t keep up with the demand.
So it’s been harder and harder for me to find coconut water that I actually like. I’ve already seen my usual suspects disappearing from store shelves. Boo!
8. I’m surprised I never actually talked about this before, but Alice in Wonderland is quite disturbing. I’m sure other people knew this, but I never realized just how disturbing it truly is. After reading The Annotated Alice I finally understand the sinister undertones of this passage.
At first I didn’t understand why there was an annotation on this passage…and then I read about it.
What the what? I think the only thing more disturbing than this that I learned from that book is the uncomfortable relationships Lewis Carroll had with children.
9. Moving on to something entirely less creepy, all of my favorite guilty pleasures are back on TV! Dance Moms, Pretty Little Liars, Teen Mom 2, The Lying Game and Bunheads are back!
I swear I am a tween in an adult’s body… Dang it, that was supposed to come off as less creepy. Ugh.
10. I’m so glad it’s Friday! Just three glorious days and nights spending time with my husband and praying for a pain-free weekend.